CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

F is for.....FEATHERS?!

Feathers, feathers EVERYWHERE! That is the state of my house/yard. My good friend Jenny owns a ballet studio and she hired me to be her "costume mistress" for their studio. Doesn't that title sound so professional? I have never been a mistress before LOL. Chris did their studio website and it looks pretty rad...take a look at it. http://www.barlowartsconservatory.com/index.shtml
Basically I ordered all the costumes and then I get to embellish them with tulle, feathers, wings or rhinestones. I love being able to have a creative outlet like this.
This costume is a Peacock costume and has been so fun to create.
I finally got smart and took this project outside...as you can see it is pretty messy.Hard at work???!!!A word of caution....dyed boas STAIN anything they come in contact with...my hands are BLUE! (don't worry it washes right out)I feel like Violet from Willey Wonka.Of course my darling 'model' got to show off the finished product. Isn't she 'tu tu' cute?!


Of course I had to get a video of her shaken her booty. I especially love the pose that she strikes at the very end of the video. What a ham!

2 comments:

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Mistress Jenny...are you for hire? Like making curtains? Or teaching a friendly face how to make a dress for her daughter?

You ROCK!

And yes, the website looks great too.

BreAnn said...

Bwah-ha ha ha! What a cheeseball- I love it!