CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

An angel in heaven

My heart is so sad right now. A wonderful, beautiful, courageous young lady passed away today. Her name is Lindsey and she was one of my former colorguard students. What an amazing girl she was!

I met Lindsey about 13 years ago when she tried out for color guard. You couldn't help but love her, she was so kind and just darling. A few months after she made the team she learned that she had a brain tumor and they performed brain surgery to remove it. Unfortunatly for me, this meant that she could no longer be on team.... the doctors didn't like the idea of her throwing flags and rifles above her head (crazy, I know!). The team as devistated, but Lindsey remained close to all of us and instead came and helped us with our equipment at our competitions.
To make a long story short, over the past 13 or so years she has had 3 or four more brain surgeries due to tumors coming back. Last February, Lindsey and her husband Josh received the devastating news that there was nothing more they could do for her. Of course her family was heartbroken, but you know what her response to them was? She said "Hey, I'm not dead yet. I'm here and alive". What an amazing attitude this young girl had! Her family created a blog for her about a year ago, to tell her story and I have been following it for the past nine months. It is so uplifting and inspiring. I recommend you go and visit it and read her story from the beginning. It will make you laugh and cry and just feel love for Lindsey. The blog address is
www.forlindsey.blogspot.com
For the past few weeks the family has known that Lindsey's time on this earth was very limited and maybe that is why I have been thinking about her even more than normal...
This morning I dreamt of Lindsey. She came to me to say goodbye and tell me that she is free from pain and limitations. I started crying as we embraced, sobbing actually. Begging her not to go. She gave me one of her beautiful smiles and told me she loved me and then she was gone. I woke up just sobbing and had this strong sense that either Lindsey had passed away yesterday or would do so today. I tried to shake off the feeling, but all day I kept thinking about the dream. Earlier this evening I received a text from one of my former students, who was on team with Lindsey, saying that she had passed away today.
Even though I know that she is in a much better place and free from pain, I weep for those of us that she left behind, especially her husband Josh and her family.
I keep thinking about the dream. Why did I have it? Was it just a coincidence that I had that dream the day that she passed away? I'm grateful for it though, because I feel like I really was able to say goodbye to her and tell her that I loved her.
It brings me peace right now.
I will always be grateful for what she taught me, about faith and about love. She really was such an example of a Christ like person.
Her favorite food was french fries, especially from Taco Amigo. I will always think of her whenever I eat french fries from Taco Amigo now.
Thank you Lindsey for your example and all the countless memories that I will always remember about you from when you were on colorguard. I love you Linds.

3 comments:

The Barton's said...

It's hard to loose loved ones! I am sorry for your loss! Xo

Bri and Elty!!! said...

We are all going to miss her!

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

Wow. What a sacred and neat experience you had. I am sorry for your loss. :( I look forward to reading the blog posts. Thank you for sharing.