CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 13, 2011

My 85 day challenge

I have an old CG friend from my BYU days that has become a health and fitness guru. This girl has amazing will power and because of that is incredibly fit! I have followed her journey to becoming fit for the past year and a half and at first I thought "Wow! she is crazy" but then I gained a lot of respect for her. I always thought to myself... I wish I could be that strong and finally get some of these flabby parts toned!
Well a few weeks ago she issued a challenge to whoever wanted to take her up on it. The challenge was to cut out all junk food/candy from then (it was a week before Halloween) until Thanksgiving. I thought long and hard about it and decided... let's do it!
So I made a commitment to not eat any junk food, sweets, soda and chips... but I didn't stop there. I decided to extend the challenge through the Holidays and do it for 85 days, with only two free days... Thanksgiving and Christmas. I know, I know... I'm truly nuts. But I am also determined. Determined to get this body fit and healthy again.
So far we are on day 20 and I'm happy to report that I am still going strong. The first few days it was pretty tough, but as it has gone on it's getting easier to 'just say no'. Tonight our family went to a 'pie party' at our neighbors, I even made a pie... a Sweet Potato pie, with a meringue topping. (it looked delicious), but I just sat and visited with everyone while they ate. I will admit... some of those pies looked so stinkin good, I really wanted to take a little nibble. But I resisted. Only a week and a half until my free day. I can do this.
I've also stepped it up at the gym, trying to spend 2-2 1/2 hours there each day. Hopefully all this hard work and going without will pay off.
When I get the munchies I grab a handful of nuts or some jerky. I also REALLY some Greek yogurt, sprinkled with granola and drizzled with some blue agave-THAT is such a treat, like a bowl full of ice cream!
Hoping I can hang on and accomplish this goal!

3 comments:

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

yea Jenny!!! This is awesome! One thing I want to let you know, people will say "But Jenny, you are already so tiny" or "fat ?? WHERE!!" Don't get discouraged and don't listen to the nay sayers. You are smart and so is your husband. You are listening to your body and being healthier and thus setting a great example for your kids...Hmm...wonder if I can cut out all junk. Hmmm WAY TO GO! Thanks for the inspiration!

Court n Chad said...

Wow, you're amazing! Way to go :)

Anonymous said...

Um...hello! What a teaser. Share the results for us that don't get to see your hot bod all the time!